From the very beginning, the attorneys of Blackburn, Maloney and Schuppert have had a strong commitment to service through civic involvement. The attorneys feel that they have a responsibility to serve and that their time is a valuable asset that they can give. All of the attorneys are actively involved in local and international service clubs, business organizations, community nonprofit organizations, and religious organizations.
Within the firm, there are:
- Three past Presidents of the Rotary Club
- Two past District Governors of Rotary International
- A past President, President Elect, and two current Directors of the Kiwanis Club
- Two past Directors of the United Way of Morgan County, Alabama
- A past President, a past Chairman, and a past Treasurer of the United Way of Morgan County, Alabama
- One current Director and three past Directors of the Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
- A past President and past Vice President of the Decatur Jaycees
- Two past Presidents of the Junior League of Morgan County, Inc.
- A past Vice-President and current Executive Board Member of the Greater Alabama Council of the Boy Scouts of America
In addition to serving as officers, the attorneys of Blackburn, Maloney and Schuppert have served on countless boards of directors and committees.